I'm an Assistant Professor in the Philosophy Department at the University of Pennsylvania. From 2016 to 2019 an Assistant Professor in the Philosophy Department at Virginia Tech. I completed my PhD in Philosophy at Princeton in 2016.
I work broadly in metaethics, philosophy of law, social and political philosophy, and I'm especially interested in a range of issues at the intersection of these areas.
- Here are more photos of my dog/panda, Nala.
- I recently started as one of the Review Liaisons for PEA Soup, an excellent blog on philosophy, ethics, academia, and liquified food-related puns.
- I was recently on HiPhi Nation, a great philosophy podcast run by the very talented Barry Lam.
- I co-wrote an op-ed with Robin Dembroff about gender pronouns in The Guardian, and another one with Robin, Abigail Saguy and Juliet Williams in the Scientific American. Robin and I also wrote a post on the blog Philosopher on the same topic.
- One of the best things I did in grad school was be part of Princeton's Prison Teaching Initiative. I wrote something about teaching philosophy in prisons in a periodical called Oberon: "Inequality in Education".
- Here's an interview with me on the Legal-Phi blog about some of my work on philosophy of law.