I'm an Assistant Professor in the Philosophy Department at Virginia Tech. As of July 2019 I'll be an Assistant Professor in the Philosophy Department at the University of Pennsylvania. I completed my PhD in Philosophy at Princeton in 2016.
I work broadly in metaethics, philosophy of law, social and political philosophy. I'm especially interested in a range of issues at the intersection of these areas.
- Here are more photos of my dog/panda, Nala.
- I recently started as one of the Review Liaisons for PEA Soup, an excellent blog on philosophy, ethics, academia, and liquified food-related puns.
- Here's some info on the MAP chapter at VT, which Sukaina and I help with; it's currently run by Rachel Keith and Alex Tolbert. Here's something I wrote for the APA blog about the Diversifying the Canon Workshop that I co-organized at Princeton.
- I was recently on HiPhi Nation, a great philosophy podcast run by the very talented Barry Lam.
- I co-wrote an op-ed with Robin Dembroff about gender-pronouns in The Guardian. We also wrote a post on the blog Philosopher on the same topic.
- One of the best things I did in grad school was be part of Princeton's Prison Teaching Initiative. I wrote something about teaching philosophy in prisons in a periodical called Oberon: "Inequality in Education".
- Here's an interview with me on the Legal-Phi blog about some of my work on philosophy of law.