I'm an Assistant Professor of Philosophy at the University of Pennsylvania. I also have a secondary appointment from the Penn Law School.
I finished my PhD in Philosophy at Princeton in 2016. From 2016 to 2019 I was an Assistant Professor in the Philosophy Department at Virginia Tech.
I work broadly in metaethics, philosophy of law, social and political philosophy, and I'm especially interested in issues at the intersection of these areas.
- I was the Ethics Review Liaison for PEA Soup, an excellent blog on philosophy, ethics, academia, and liquified food-related puns.
- Podcasts: I talked about reparations on In These Times, and echo chambers on HiPhi Nation.
- I co-wrote an op-ed with Robin Dembroff about gender pronouns in The Guardian, and another one with Robin, Abigail Saguy and Juliet Williams in the Scientific American. Robin and I also wrote a post on the blog Philosopher on the same topic.
- One of the best things I did in grad school was be part of Princeton's Prison Teaching Initiative. I wrote something about teaching philosophy in prisons in a periodical called Oberon: "Inequality in Education."
- Here's an interview with me on the Legal-Phi blog about some of my work on philosophy of law.